- I received my esthetician training at the prestigious Avenue Five Institute in Austin, TX in 2008.
- I was certified by E’lan Eyelash Extensions in 2008 and immediately went on to train and apprentice under an advanced Novalash artist and an advanced Xtreme lash artist.
- I did my volume lash advanced training with Nadia Afanaseva in NYC, who is a true leader in this industry and founder of the Eye Design University in Manhattan.
- I did extensive advanced training certification at Salon Lashe in Chicago with the leaders in this industry and continue to go back every year.
- I did my 3rd advanced volume training with the amazing ladies at Borboleta.
- I trained with Ellebana lash lift.
- I perfected my lash lift technique with the exclusive YUMI Lash Lift in LA with Celebrity Stylist Elysee.
- I owned my own successful eyelash extension business in Austin, TX for 2 years before moving to Boulder in August of 2010.
- What is something you wish you could live without… Phone and Fear – I think the second one is a more attainable goal!
- One thing I would like to do in the next 5 years is… Start another one of the million businesses in my head, Learn Spanish and Indonesian, Learn to drive a motorbike really well, Explore my spirituality more, Find more time for travel, Learn Aikido, Become a better cook, Develop a daily meditation routine, Be able to sail by myself, Make my own clothes, Learn to surf…I could go on and on…I really want to do absolutely everything on the planet.
- My life’s greatest accomplishment so far… Being a great friend, wife, sister and daughter. I strive to be better at all 4 everyday. My tribe is the most important thing in my life. And somehow marrying the most amazing man on the planet…he makes me a better person everyday.
- My guilty pleasure… I don’t believe in guilty pleasures… Some days are juice and salad days and other days are champagne and doughnut days. I believe in balance in life…do what you want as long as you are not harming anyone else.
- Astrology Sign… Taurus in Western Astrology. Scorpio in Shamanic Astrology. Aquarius Rising and Libra Moon.
- A great role model/mentor in my life has been… My gorgeous, amazing mother and my brilliant, compassionate father. I am a lucky girl.
- Sunrise or Sunset… BOTH!
- First Concert… Moody Blues when I was 3
- Last Concert… Explosions in the Sky
- Favorite Sound… Music, Music, Music. And the ocean waves. And cicadas. Ok, and thunderstorms.
- Last Vacation… Bali
- Next Hopeful Vacation… Croatia or Hawaii or Myanmar or Japan
- Meet one person – dead or alive… Michelle and Barack Obama. And Lena Dunham.
- What is one lesson you learned this past year… I keep learning lessons all the time. Most recently…trying to focus on taking time for myself to recharge. I struggle to take enough time for myself. I have also been working on listening to my body more and my mind less.
- If you could eliminate one thing from your daily schedule, what would it be and why? The whole morning grooming process…I really dislike getting ready everyday. At least I have my lashes to eliminate my makeup routine! And food prep – if I ever really make it in life, I will absolutely have a chef. 🙂
They way women feel about themselves when they leave my salon is why I love this profession. I love to help empower women.